Tuesday, August 24, 2010

sunshine at low tide


SHEEPSCOT VILLAGE

it was supposed to rain today but instead the sky is baby blue and cloud free. everything on the ground is radiant with a golden glow. there's quite a breeze out there so the windows are still closed. nice and fresh, like i feel myself after a bath and getting my hair washed and brushed out. it was like a mini-spa here earlier.

i have so many loving (and often hilarious) people taking care of me, opening the world to me, keeping me their prayers, starting with marty and expanding out from there to include my children, dear friends, cousins, sibs, my therapist, my acupuncturist - and many beloved members of the churches i served. now added to that are hospice staff who've been with us since mid-march - they are extraordinary. i was director of one of the first hospice programs in the country, in Sonoma County CA in the early 80's. it's terrible having this monster illness at 58, but thank god they're there for all of us and i can have life and love in this little paradise. along with ronny foxy baby, i'm a lucky duck too.