Tuesday, June 1, 2010

you gotta move when the spirit says move

my dear friend bettegail who still hails from grand rabbits, where we grew up and then worked together as young adults, has kids same ages as mine, who all liked each other (i know i did) on visits . she and daughter meg were recently in washington making plans for meg's wedding, and she sent this yesterday. i so love the idea of my friends appreciating their health, mobility and good times - not exactly on my behalf but more like including me as bettegail describes:

D.C. was so sunny and beautiful, I just love that city. I had never stayed in the Willard, an historic hotel near the White House. In the end this is where Meg decided to have her wedding. We did lots of walking both during the day and at night. The monuments are so beautiful at night. I was thinking of you as I was walking around, trying to use my eyes to their fullest and to appreciate my mobility to the fullest, having been made aware as the days go by of your feelings and grieving over the lack of mobility. I try to honor your spirit in your bed as I walk through my day, hoping to "move" your spirit.