Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Little Journeys III

note: as promised my brother john wrote about his (often) weekly date with spouse pam to the Fredrick Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park, in grand rapids where we all grew up and where, of the six of us, he still lives:

Pam and I just returned from Meijer Gardens, now filled with the works of glass artist Chihuly. While I can appreciate some of his works, the volume of work around the gardens brings an almost Disney feel. Colored objects in the ponds, colored balls lining the waterfalls, lighted neon twisted glass ornaments hanging in the interior. You can tell already what a fan I am of his. Also has many collections of long glass tubes in different lengths and colors and dimensions scattered about. An impressive overall collection throughout the whole park. But a bit overdone if you ask me. Which of course they didn't but I'm always one to offer my unbiased opinion.

Then there were the geese. It was a gorgeous evening - about 72 degrees. The new geese families abound, the muskrat swimming about and several large blue herons on the pond. A very active evening for everyone. Love, John